Baby, it’s cold outside, and Dallas and Fort Worth roads are slick.
The hazards created by winter weather make it difficult to safely operate a vehicle, even for the most experienced drivers.
If you do not need to drive, please stay home for your safety. If you need to go out, let others know your intended route and estimated arrival time.
Take the following driving precautions to heart to keep you, your family, and the other people on the road safe.
- Slow down and increase distances between cars
- Allow for longer stopping distances
- Monitor weather for any incoming ice storms or raining conditions
- Reduce your speed to allow yourself more time to react and help avoid losing control of your vehicle
- Clean windows and headlights frequently
- Do not use cruise control in wintry conditions
- Accelerate and decelerate slowly
- Use your headlights when visibility is decreased