The changing seasons are the perfect time to make space for more nourishment and joy. Whether that’s time to catch up with friends and family or finally reading that book on your nightstand, anything that sparks a sense of happiness inside of you is a great place to start.
But how do you do this now when you couldn’t find time before? You create space, of course!
My quick meditation below will help you focus on clearing out what weighs you down or consumes your time without bringing you a sense of joy or fulfillment.
Allow yourself 10 minutes for this visualization exercise. Get comfortable. Keep a pen and paper nearby to capture any flashes of inspiration.
Meditation to Make Space
- Sit or lie down with your eyes closed. Breathe slow and deep.
- Allow your mind to focus on areas in your life that feel cluttered, overwhelming, or heavy.
- Tune into one area. Visualize letting that go by delegating it to someone else or not doing it anymore. Feel free to write any of this down. Move through all the other areas until you are finished.
- Notice you may feel lighter or happier simply thinking about letting go of these things.
- Now think about the space you have created by letting go. What can you allow into your life now that you have time, energy, finances, and so on? Feel free to write these down.
- Take a few rounds of deep breath, inviting joy and relaxation into your mind and body. Gently blink your eyes open. Move forward with your realizations.
Practicing this often will help you cultivate awareness of what you truly need in your life — physically, mentally, and emotionally. Trust your intuition to tell you when it’s time to let go and make space for things that nourish your mind, body, and spirit.