I created this unique cocktail to pair with Rebecka Evans’s delicious Dutch Baby recipe.
Because of the rich taste of the Dutch Baby, I decided to complement it with a light, refreshing, effervescent gin cocktail. The flavors of pear, lemon, and floral notes cut through the Dutch Baby’s richness and refresh the palate for another bite!
Drink the Pear La Fleur to complement similarly decadent desserts.
• 2-3 slices of pear (the less ripe, the better)
• 1.5 oz gin (I use Empress Gin; I like the purple color from the butterfly pea glower tea)
• ½ oz St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
• ½ oz lemon juice
• 1 sprig of lavender (or a similar flower) for garnish
1. Prepare your shaker tin (I prefer a Boston Shaker style, which looks like two cups). In the smaller tin, add the pear slices.
2. Muddle the pears for about 15 seconds, or until enough juice is produced.
3. Add the gin, elderflower liqueur, and lemon juice.
4. Add ice.
5. Seal the shaker tin and shake for several seconds.
6. Strain into a wine glass.
7. Top off with Prosecco (use as much or as little as you like to achieve the amount of fizz you want).
8. Garnish with a slice of pear and the lavender sprig.
Admire your work, take a refreshing sip, and enjoy!