Gift giving with the Grandkids is easy with this D.I.Y. Popcorn Treat!
Mix it up, dress it up and give away some homemade LOVE for any occasion in minutes.
Holiday Popcorn Crunch Bark
Makes 32 Servings (1/2 cup each)
- Parchment Paper
- 1 bag salted, buttered microwave popcorn (8 cups popped)
- 1 cup mini pretzel twists
- 12 oz vanilla or chocolate flavored almond bark/candy melts (baking section or craft store)
Get creative and have FUN!!!! Crush cookies, chop candy bars and nuts, load up with sprinkles, or even flavored/colored M&Ms and chocolate chips.
- 1 cup White Peppermint Chocolate Candies (flavored M&Ms)
Double Chocolate Mint:
- 16 fudge-covered mint cookies, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup dark chocolate & mint morsels
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 16 gingersnap cookies, coarsely crushed
- Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Pop popcorn according to directions. (Not a fan of bagged microwave popcorn? Pop your own corn, I do!)
- Place popcorn in large mixing bowl (careful, don’t add un-popped kernels).
- Place pretzels in small resealable plastic bag and break them up. Add to the bowl.
- Put almond bark in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 1½ minutes; stir.
- May continue microwaving, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth.
- Pour melted bark over popcorn mixture.
- Mix gently until evenly coated.
- Add mix-ins (optional)(see above).
- Pour popcorn mixture onto pan, spread evenly.
- Refrigerate, uncovered, 5–10 minutes to set.
- Break into pieces and serve or put in Mason Jars with ribbon for a DIY gift that keeps on giving.
- Store at room temperature in airtight container.
Nutrition Per Serving:
Total Fat 7.5 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 74 mg
Carbohydrate 17 g
Fiber 1 g
Protein 1 g