Drumsticks, Green Beans and Red Potato Mash.
These family-friendly crispy drumsticks are great for any occasion, from a get-together to a Fourth of July barbeque, to an impromptu picnic! Don’t forget the red skin potato mash and green beans!
Cooks Tip: Give another potato a go. Red potatoes don’t just bring great color to a dish, their skins add nutrients, too! That said, this recipe is also great if you use Yukon gold or russet potatoes instead. For more fun recipes check out my blog at: http://tiny.cc/chefjamiekids
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Serves: 4
CHICKEN & GREEN BEANS
¼ cup milk
½ cup flour
½ cup yellow cornmeal
1.5 tablespoon Ranch seasoning mix
1 teaspoon baking powder
8 bone-in, skin-on chicken drumsticks (1.5 pounds in total/3-4 ounces each)
1 teaspoon olive oil, plus more for spritzing
8 ounces green beans
- ¼ teaspoon salt
RED POTATO MASH
1.5 pounds red potatoes, quartered
⅓ cup milk
2 tablespoons butter
½ tablespoon Ranch seasoning mix
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg and milk together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cornmeal, seasoning, and baking powder.
- Dip the drumsticks in the cornmeal mixture and coat evenly.
- Coat the drumsticks in the egg mixture, then dip them into the cornmeal mixture again.
- Place coated drumsticks on a large, greased sheet pan.
- Spritz or drizzle oil over the tops of the drumsticks.
- Add the green beans to the baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While baking, pour cold water over the potatoes so they’re covered with two inches of water, and bring to a boil. Cook until tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and bake for 12-15 minutes more, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Drain the water and add the potatoes back to the pot along with milk, butter, and seasoning. Mash until creamy.
- Serve the chicken with the red potato mash and green beans.